Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Nearly in Rehab

Just an update report on my progress:

I'm going OK, feeling much better and making progress. Walking on crutches (a short distance - still weak), reading books, watching TV, have a portable DVD player now to watch all sorts of stuff. Spending quite a bit of time on the laptop typing emails and chatting on my bike training forums. All stuff I couldn't do a few weeks ago.

The bad jokes/cartoons I send out to friends are a sign of boredom.

Unless Doc says otherwise, my sutures should come out this week and I move to rehab. I feel like I've been saying that for ever. 9 weeks now, tomorrow I start week 10. I have a few more yet to go before I can go home.

Anyway, that's basically where I'm at, still positive about the future but knowing I have a tough few months in front of me. I will get an interim prosthetic leg while in rehab and I should learn to walk while there. I can't wait to get back on the bike again - I'll need a special leg for that but they exist, just need to measure me up!

I'll be back, better than ever - just think Six Million Dollar Man.... we can rebuild him, better, stronger, faster.!!

lots a brotherly love
Alex

0 comments: